Siberia: A secret camp far from civilization:
Siberia is justifiably renowned for its unique beauty. Nature in Siberia reigns supreme: lofty mountains, lakes and waterfalls, rapid rivers and the endless taiga. For many years people have been coming here to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of city life, to feel its spiritual power and find harmony within. We invite you to our secret camp, located right at the foot of the mysterious Mount Belukha far from the tourist scene. Find yourself in the very heart of Russia and enjoy trekking in the gorgeous mountain landscapes.
Thanks to my trips to Altai, I know myself better. Nature there is worthy of some serious appreciation, it’s the ideal place for yoga and meditation. We have hand picked some of the best yoga instructors and personal trainers, who can easily join this trip with you.
The plane from Moscow arrives at Gorno-Altaysk airport (UTC+7), where you’ll be welcomed by NFR Travel team. We move to the helipad and start our 90 min flight on board an MI-8 helicopter. During the flight, we’ll enjoy phenomenal landscapes of the Katunsky Ridge and Mount Belukha.
Accommodation in the camp, rest and acclimatization. Dinner and discussion of the next day’s schedule.
The route of 10km is planned just so that get used to the mountains, the scenery but without tiring you out. The route passes through the taiga forest where you can pick all sorts of mushrooms and berries there as well as honeysuckle, blackcurrants and strawberries. You can even go horse-riding for part of the way, if you wish. The last spot of today’s trek gives you unforgettable views of Mount Belukha and the Yedygem River.
Today’s route will be more difficult: we will trek for 16km through the taiga forest and glacial moraine (debris and rocks) to see the enormous waterfall at Mensu which rumbles noisily. At the end of the route, we’ll stop for lunch then return to the camp.
A day to relax or take a horse ride to one of the valleys.
Today we have a difficult route — a 10 km walk into the wild valley of Kurkure River. Crossing the Mensu River, we’ll climb the narrow paths to the pass to enjoy breathtaking views of the Yedygem River valley.
Afterwards, we will go to a secret valley to see Siberian deer (marals) and mountain goats, but no people. We’ll stop for dinner and rest by the lake and return to the camp.
A day to pick mushrooms, berries and plants, walk to the Kurkure Waterfall, relax in a plunge tub and meditate at sunset, taking in the stunning views of Mount Belukha.
Today it’s the final hike — an ascent to 600 m. Our final stop is a place with amazing views of Mount Belukha, the Yedygem Valley and the Mensu Waterfalls. At the end of the ascent we’ll stop to rest and have a bite to eat, and then we’ll go back to the camp for a gala dinner.
Around 12:00 we’ll take off by helicopter to head to Gorno-Altaysk, rested and full of energy! Check in at the hotel, free time.
Transfer to airport. Departure to Moscow.
Accomodation & Transport
During this whole trip, you’ll be staying in unique eco-tents with a fireplace, sofa and comfy beds, a private bathroom and access to a common water area and a sauna on site. Transfer to the camp by helicopter is included.
- Individual consultation and ability to tailor the tour according to your requirements. In order to provide the highest level of service, we only work with individual travelers and private groups.
- Full program: 9 days, 8 nights. Activities: trekking, hiking, camping, glamping, helicopter.
Accommodation: eco-tents with own bathroom, a common spa area with a bathhouse and plunge tubs.
- Full board menu. Except restaurant service at the hotel on the 8th day. All personal eating habits are taken into account. Alcohol is not included.
- Transport: pick-up and drop-off at the local airport, comfortable transfer to the helipad. Transfer by helicopter to the camp and back.
- Support of a professional trekking guide and a certified English-speaking instructor of yoga + mindfulness meditation.
- A tourist invitation for a tourist visa for Russia. Article: «How to get a visa for Russia».
- Russian tourist visa. Article: «How to get a visa for Russia».
- Comprehensive travel insurance.
- Meals on the 8th day at the hotel restaurant.
- Additional helicopter excursions.
- A Russian visa: a tourist invitation is provided by NFR Travel company. Article: «How to get a visa for Russia».
- Permission to enter the border zone with Kazakhstan (the paperwork is done by NFR Travel, submitting the documents is possible no later than 3 months before the start of the expedition).
- Comprehensive travel insurance — for your safety and also required for the visa. We recommend including the following additional activities for this tour:
- hiking in the wild,
- tick bite insurance.
- Citizens of the Russian Federation need to buy travel insurance and tick bite insurance.